Standing up for Hamilton West–Ancaster–Dundas
- Critic for Finance and Treasury Board.
- Sandy Shaw is proud to call Hamilton home and frequently comments on local issues on City Matters on Cable 14 and on CHML.
- She is widely known for her work with progressive organizations like the Social Planning Council, the United Way, and was the first–ever elected female Board Chair of FirstOntario Credit Union.
- Sandy graduated from the University of Toronto in Corporate Social Responsibility and built innovative projects such as Hamilton's first micro–loan program and authored Hamilton's first Women and Poverty Report.
- She was awarded the Women of Distinction Award for her community leadership and was appointed to serve on the Hamilton Port Authority as the Chair of the Governance committee.